Thursday, August 23, 2012

Thoughtful Thursday

After having a fun-filled and busy week and weekend, Elizabeth and I have taken it easy this week so far! Even though we already miss our Gammie, Grammie, Pops, and PawPaw, it's been a great, relaxing week with just the two of us!


  • Monday we all went to my doctor for my monthly check-up. I'm measuring right on track! We're going back on September 10 for our final (I think) ultrasound! Then I start going every 2 weeks. I can't believe that it's already that time. This pregnancy sure has gone fast!
self-portrait!
  • Tuesday we stayed home ALL DAY long. I've been hesitant to get outside and play too much in the morning with all of the cases of West Nile in our city... I believe at last count there were 24 cases and 3 deaths. So as much as I'm missing our morning walks, it's just not worth it to me. I'd rather be safe than sorry!
Riding her butterfly
  • Wednesday we worked on some learning skills. Elizabeth knows where her hair, head, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, belly button, and toes are! She's so cute when she does it. I tried to get a picture of her doing them all, but she's never very cooperative. ;) 
Trying to sit in David's car seat
  • We also read a ton of books this week. One of her favorite things to do with books is point at all the little details and have me name them. Well, on Wednesday, I asked her where certain things were and she pointed to them multiple times! We might not be talking a ton, but we sure are smart!  :) 
Where are your ears?
  • Today, as I'm typing this, she's sitting in our blue chair in the office and looking at flash cards. My parents got her a couple of the Leap Frog movies, with The Letter Factory being one of them. We watched that once this week and she loved it. Now, she's playing with the letter cards that came with the movies. It's never too early to get started learning your letters!
Crazy hair!!!

1 comment:

  1. Is that rocker from Zulily? How do you like it? I think it's so cute and thought of getting one for Kallie someday.

    ReplyDelete