Friday, July 8, 2011

My handy husband...

I'm going to interrupt the regular postings of pictures of Elizabeth for something that I've been meaning to do for forever. Remember this post? Well, I'm finally getting around to posting pictures of the finished product (for now). I LOVE how well this turned out and I can't wait for Alan to start on the drawers for the inside, as well as the top part that will hide our TV when it's not in use.


Drawers will go on the bottom two shelves.


Detail of the top

Leg detailing (ignore the painters tape... Alan is repainting our living room for the 3rd time since we've been in the house...

door

Close up of the door

whole thing!

On a completely unrelated note, we've been buying water in the 2.5 gallon containers at HEB. Well, we started to add up the cost of that over the course of a month and realized we were spending WAY too much on water. So we decided to buy a water filter that filters water straight from the tap. Of course, as soon as we put the filter on the faucet, it started to leak. Why does it always seem like once you buy something to save some money, you always have to spend more to get to the savings part? We were on our last gallon of water last night (I drink about a gallon a day...), so instead of waiting having Alan wait until this weekend to buy a new faucet, we went out and bought one last night. Luckily, I have an extremely handy husband, because it took him less than 30 minutes to get it installed and up and running! Now, at the touch of a button, I can have filtered water to drink! Boy did I hit the jackpot when I married Alan. :)

Installing  our new kitchen faucet!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!! Handy husband? Hmmm not one of those in my house. But girls and big hair bows, we got that :)

    ReplyDelete