Thursday, September 29, 2011

Time to eat: sweet potato

Elizabeth hasn't been super interested in solids the past few days. So when I made her oatmeal this morning, I didn't make it quite as thin. As a result, she ate more than she ever has. Then, this evening, I decided to pull out some sweet potatoes. Boy, did Elizabeth LOVE them! She was leaning in to eat them and opening her mouth up for me to spoon them in. In fact, she even "fed" herself some. It was by far the messiest dinner, but totally worth it!

Yummy!
Feeding myself
So much fun!
Weren't you taught NOT to play with your food? ;)
So intent
My little "artist"
Oh, and she also figured out how to use a sippy cup tonight! My baby girl is growing up too fast!!

What's this?
You mean I can drink from this!?

2 comments:

  1. Did you just put water in the sippy cup?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did. She doesn't actually drink much (a lot of it dribbles down her face), which is why I do that. When she really gets the hang of it, I'll probably put her milk in in, but until then, I don't think I can waste that liquid gold... Haha

    ReplyDelete