Saturday, September 10, 2011

Time to eat: oatmeal

Well, this morning marked the first experiment in making baby food! I had some steel cut oats that I was going to use for Elizabeth's oatmeal. It didn't work out quite as planned... First, the food processor TERRIFIED Elizabeth. I mean, uncontrollable, big crocodile tears streaming down her face accompanied by crying hard. Note to self... never do that without Dad present to take Elizabeth outside... I did feel loved, though. She was still crying with Alan comforting her, but as soon as we traded she calmed down. Not to say that Alan wasn't doing a good job, there's just something about Mom. :) So after Alan took her outside, I attempted to get the oats into a fine powder. Didn't work so well. I decided to go ahead and use them, but next time, I'll used rolled oats instead.

Excuse the no-makeup look...
At least Elizabeth looks cute!
First bite
Not too sure about this oatmeal

Hmm...

I'll help Mommy with the spoon!
Finished for the day

I had read to make it pretty runny for the first time, but all in all, I think she would like thicker oatmeal. I'm going to try again tomorrow with rolled oats. Hopefully I'll be able to get it to a better consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment