Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Time to eat: banana

It's been a while since I've last blogged. How I've missed it! :) 

We went to Abilene this past weekend to celebrate the life of Alan's Grandmother. She will be greatly missed, but we know she is in a much better place! I'm so thankful that we were able to go down and be with family. It was a such a sweet time with everyone. Elizabeth enjoyed seeing her cousins, just as much as they enjoyed getting to hang out with her. I am so blessed to be  in the Letz family!

Now... on to eating... I bought Elizabeth some Earth's Best oatmeal to take to Abilene so I didn't have to spend forever making it while we were there. And, much to my surprise, Elizabeth actually likes it better! That will save me quite a bit of time daily! She is actually eating the entire bowl now. And, as of Monday, eating more than she is spitting out! Yay!

I bought a little mesh strainer thing to put food in so that Elizabeth could chew on it and experience what "real" food is. Yesterday, I put a chunk of banana in it for her to try. She really liked it! I think next time I'll put a couple smaller pieces instead of one piece, just to see how she does with that. Oh, and on a side note... For those of you that have used one, how do you clean the mesh part? Do I need to use a fresh one each time I give her food in it?

Onto the pictures...


Banana chunk


Give it to me!!

What is this?

Yummy!

Look at those rolls!

Love this baby girl!

1 comment:

  1. Those mesh things are impossible to keep clean. I would always just turn them inside out and put them in the dishwasher. If you ever find an easier way I'd love to know.

    ReplyDelete