Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Time to eat: avocado

Alan went to the grocery store without me Saturday morning (so Miss E could get a good nap in), and came home with a couple of avocados. So yesterday, I decided to try that with Elizabeth. I mashed up about 1/3 of the avocado with a fork and added some milk (about 1/2-3/4 oz) to make it to the desired consistency. She wasn't too sure about it, but she did manage to eat more avocado than she did oatmeal. I gave her the rest of the avocado today, and she did even better! She's still super messy and doesn't actually eat much, but like I've heard "food is for fun until you are one!" I am looking forward to when she can finish off a bowl, though. I know it might sound crazy, but I hate to waste any of my milk... I mean, it's not like I have over 1500oz in the freezer. Haha.

Looking at the bowl
Not so sure...
Let me have another taste!

All done! And headed for a bath!

1 comment:

  1. You are a good mom...avocado's too expensive for Madelyn to just smash it all over her face! :) Madelyn's favorite part of eating is the spoon part!

    ReplyDelete