Monday, August 15, 2011

Sleep... it's overrated...

NOT!

We have had one exhausting weekend! I don't know if it's the shots she got on Wednesday, the fact that it seems like she's trying to cut several teeth, or a sleep regression (that I've heard is common around 4 months), but Miss Elizabeth has not been sleeping well at night. Last night she was up every 2-3 hours, which makes for one tired Mama.

Luckily, my sweet sister-in-law asked if she could watch Elizabeth during the day on Saturday. I definitely missed Elizabeth, and it felt SOO weird to be going around town without her, but it was nice to get a little bit of a recharge. Alan and I went to my favorite burger place - Five Guys, ran a couple errands, and watched The Lincoln Lawyer. What a relaxing day!

In the past day or so, Elizabeth has been exploring using her voice. She's started making much higher pitched noises. It's so fun to watch her grow and learn day by day! She is also finally tall enough to play in her exersaucer without using a pillow below her feet. She's just getting so big!

I tried to get a picture of Alan and Elizabeth yesterday after church, and this is what I got...


Luckily, I was able to convince him to take a better one! ;) He definitely loves his little girl!





No comments:

Post a Comment