Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Root Beer...

Well, Monday evening, Alan and I had an impromptu "at-home" date night. He got off work late and offered to pick up Five Guys for dinner. And who would I be to turn down the offer of my favorite burgers (besides TLC...)!? So Alan got home about 20 minutes before Elizabeth's bed time. By that time, she wanted nothing to do with me and was all about Dada! E saw him drinking his root beer and decided that she was old enough to try it. We let her have a quick sip, and I must say, she loved it. I wish I had had my camera on me to capture her grin and then her continual point towards the cup wanting more!

We made the mistake of leaving the cups out overnight, so Tuesday morning, Miss E saw them and immediately started to let me know she wanted some more root beer. I wouldn't let her have any (aside from the fact that it was only 9am, I don't want my toddler addicted to soda...), and I must say that from there another child took over! I tried to ignore her, distract her, just about anything I could think of, but it didn't work. So, as a last resort, I threw the cups away - out of sight, out of mind, right!? Well, not for our child. She quickly ran over to the trash can, opened it up, grabbed the lid/straw and handed it to me. She was soo determined to get some more soda that it was all I could do not to laugh the entire time!

Needless to say, we will not be handing out any tastes of soda for a long time! :)

And because I didn't get a picture of any of Monday or Tuesday happenings in regards to soda, you'll have to suffice with a different, but equally cute picture.

"talking" away

What? Your mom won't
give you coke either!?

No comments:

Post a Comment