Friday, July 13, 2012

Our Little Man's Name...

When I was pregnant with Elizabeth, Alan and I came up with both boy and girl names. And, as everyone knows, we only needed our girl name. I assumed that if we ever had a boy, we'd go with the name we first decided on. So, when we found out this one was a boy, I was all ready to tell his name. Alan, on the other hand, didn't remember that we had come up with boy and girl names... ;) So after some discussion, we finally agreed on his name (which, for the record, was the one we had liked with our first pregnancy)...

David Andrew Letz

David is Hebrew in origin and means beloved. I always think of King David when I hear the name David, and I know that "he was a man after God's own heart." That is definitely something that I want to be true in our son's life!

Andrew is Greek in origin and means manly, courageous. Andrew was one of Jesus' disciples, and even though he occasionally had doubts, like many of us, he remained faithful to Jesus until the end! He praised God in everything - even death. Another great characteristic for our son to have - praising God in every life situation.

Aside from the meaning of his name, there is also some family significance in it. Alan, Alan's Dad, and Alan's Granddad all have the initials DAL (for those that don't know, Alan's first name is David), so we wanted to carry on that tradition. In addition, all three of the men's first names David or Dave. Since we like the name (and especially the meaning of) David, it was a pretty easy decision! 


No comments:

Post a Comment