Thursday, June 28, 2012

What I love to do...

So I dropped the ball on Jenna's commenting challenge yesterday... I didn't post or check out any new blogs, but it was all for a good reason. Elizabeth was up for quite a bit Tuesday night, woke up crying an hour and a half early yesterday morning, and then didn't take an afternoon nap once we got home from VBS. I was one sleepy Momma! Alan was gone to our Sunday School men's Bible study, so I essentially went to bed at 8:30 last night. Today, I feel much better (especially since I just woke up from an hour and a half nap!!). 

Today's topic is all about what you like to do! And I could go on for hours about this one!

My most favorite thing in the world to do is read! In fact, my mom had to take away my books in fourth grade because I was reading too much... I would spend hours in the bath tub reading, read instead of doing homework, and I think the final straw was when she caught me reading a book by the nigh light in my room. I don't think she and my dad wanted to take my books away, so to speak, but a girl does have to do homework and get some sleep!

I don't have as much time these days (plus my favorite authors don't have any new books out), but any free time, I enjoy picking up a good book. It's also hard for me now because once I start reading, I don't want to stop until I've finished the book, which doesn't bode well for my quality time with Elizabeth. I love Christian fiction and once I've found a good book, I will read it until the cover falls off! My two favorite authors are Liz Curtis Higgs and Francine Rivers. I pretty much own every single book that they have written and read them all 4+ times. 

I also like to dance. I don't know if that stems from taking dance for 11 years growing up, or if it's just because A&M had some great dance halls, but give me some country music and I'll go two-steppin' across the room! I haven't danced much since Alan and I got married - neither of us really enjoyed the smoke in the local dance halls in College Station, but any time I hear music that used to be played at the Texas Hall of Fame, I am reminded of the good ol' days.

Well, that's about all I have time for these days... My little munchkin definitely keeps me busy and on my toes... 

ready to take the steering wheel!


2 comments:

  1. I too had my books taken away from me when I was young. I've never read anything by Liz Curtis Higgs...need to go to the library soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!
    I'm stopping by from the challenge. I can relate with the reading and having books taken away. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete