Thursday, June 14, 2012

Trip to the Beach... Part Three



Out and About


We didn't get out to explore the island much during the beginning of the week. We just hung out at the condo and cooked (actually, grilled) our own food. And, might I add, I have a new favorite food... It's called German Potatoes. Now, I've had them before, but only ate the potatoes. This time, I was prepared to do the same, but I was surprised with how much I liked the entire dish! All you do is boil cubed up potatoes. While you're doing this, caramelize some onion in butter. Dad did an entire onion,  but we also did 8-10 potatoes. Once the onions and potatoes are done, add potatoes to the onions, add salt, pepper, and more butter, and stir! Oh my goodness... I think I ate my weight in potatoes the three nights we had this! It's definitely going to be added into our dinner rotation!

Well, towards the end of the week we did some exploring. We took a semi-submarine tour (more on that when I get the pictures), did some shopping, and even ate out at a couple of restaurants. I got pictures from the first, but none from the second... Elizabeth didn't nap at all that afternoon, so Alan, Gammie, and I took turns walking Elizabeth around the grounds surrounding the restaurant.

Elizabeth and Gammie

Beautiful beach!!

Me and Alan

Pops and Michelle

Eating a lime

Being silly

Yummy French Fry! (she kept doing this with all
her fries... I don't know where she got it)

Pointing at the ocean

The Holman/Letz families... minus Dustin

Gammie and Elizabeth

Aunt Michelle blowing a bubble at the airport

What Elizabeth did each time









No comments:

Post a Comment