Monday, June 25, 2012

All About Me

I'm linking up with Jenna's Journey this week for her 3rd annual commenting challenge. Each day she will have different topics to blog about, and today's is introducing yourself. :) So here goes...

Photo by Natale Blazei Photography
My name is Jennifer and I live with my husband of (almost) four years, Alan, and daughter, Elizabeth, in Texas. I am also pregnant with our second, a little boy, who is due November 3! We have two Yorkies, Gracie and King, who pretty much rule the roost with Elizabeth.

While I was working on master's at Texas A&M, I taught at the preschool at Central Baptist Church. It was the best job ever! I loved all of my co-workers, and the students and their parents were the best! We moved  in January of 2010 and I wasn't able to find a teaching position in our new city. It all worked out great, though, because I found out I was pregnant with our first that summer!

Elizabeth was born 11 days after her due date, on March 26, 2011. On March 30, we took her to a routine pediatrician check-up and she was doing well (minus a little bit of weight loss), but shortly after that, we rushed her to the ER. She was diagnosed with a bacterial infection and it was an extremely scary time! Luckily, we live close to Texas Children's Hospital and they took GREAT care of Elizabeth! You can read the all of the details here.

Elizabeth is now doing great and is a very active 15 month old. She and her little brother will be 19 months apart! Life is busy and fun as a stay at home mom of one, and I can't wait to see what is in store when our little man arrives in November!

7 comments:

  1. Nice to "meet" you! Your daughter is adorable, and how fun that she and her brother will be close in age! I have a 16 month old and I'm pregnant with our second too - I think we have alot in common. :-) Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just checked out your blog, too! Congrats on your second!! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    Having two kids that close in age is busy, but so much fun! They will be the best of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Jenna's Journey! I'm also an Aggie, teacher turned stay @ home mom. How fun! Congrats on baby #2 and a boy! I have a 6 month old boy and oh my he is SO sweet!! Looking forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on another one on the way---looking forward to reading more, found you via Jenna's blog! Your little girl is adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your family is just precious! LOVE E's adorable outfit in the family photo! :) Stopping in to say HI from Jenna's... Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete