Monday, October 15, 2012

Tomorrow is the big day...+ 37 weeks with our Little Man


Update from Doctor's Appointment today:

Well, I spoke too soon last week... The protein in my urine was significantly higher (in the 400s as opposed to mid-100s) with my last 24 hour catch. Add to that elevated blood pressure at the doctor (still in the normal range at home), my doctor diagnosed me with mild pre-eclampsia today. So, this means that we're having a baby... TOMORROW... I'm still in shock and can't believe that David should be here somewhere in the next day or so! For some reason, I've always felt like he would be early, I just expected it to be after 38 weeks. I plan on bringing my iPad and memory card reader, so hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures after he makes his big debut!!

Pregnancy Highlights

37 weeks, 2 days


How far along? 37 weeks and 2 day!

Baby's size? Watermelon (19-22 inches, 6.5 pounds). However, according to our last ultrasound today, he weighed in at 7 lbs, 3 oz. Can't wait to see how close to accurate that is!

Gender? It's a boy!!! David Andrew

Weight Gain? +26 lbs... 

Maternity clothes? Yup! I can still wear my t-shirts, dresses, and "comfy" pants/shorts, though. 

Stretch marks? Yup, but I'm beginning to think that there really aren't any new ones... We'll see... So far I only have them below my belly button ::Knock on wood::

Belly button in or out? 1/2 out, 1/2 flat...

Sleeping? It really depends on the night. Sometimes I'm only up once, sometimes I'm up 3-5 times... I really like the nights I only wake up once! :)

Foods I'm loving? Enchiladas have started sounding super yummy, and I'm normally a fajita girl! My mom's yummy spinach and strawberry salad!

Foods I'm hating? Nothing really! Just don't really like to mess with raw meat, but that also goes for pre-pregnancy, so who knows. ;)

Best moment this week? Getting to spend time with my mom... despite being on bedrest... Making the purchases of some stuff that we will most likely need now (newborn size clothes!!)

Movement? Yup! And sometimes it's painful, which I never experienced with Elizabeth. Another new thing is that he often prefers to lean on one side, leaving me with a lopsided belly...

What I'm looking forward to? David being here so I can be off bedrest... I enjoy chilling when I can, but there is something about being told you can't go and do anything that makes it very unappealing... 

What I miss? Great sleep... Being able to turn over comfortably

Symptoms? Frequent potty breaks, exhaustion, being extremely uncomfortable (I don't remember ever feeling quite like this with E), and food cravings

Milestones? Full term was Saturday! And he'll be here tomorrow...

Emotions? The crying is coming back... I've been getting kind of emotional reading certain things and watching some stuff on TV.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! So exciting! Good luck tomorrow! You look great by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! We're really excited for you! I hope we get to meet him when we're in Houston next. Lots of prayers going up for you all.

    ReplyDelete