Thursday, October 4, 2012

Blood Pressure...

I've been having to keep a close eye on my blood pressure for the last week and a half due to one reading that was higher than normal at my OB... She had me do a 24 hour urine collection (gross, I know...) and then blood work. My blood pressure at home has all been stellar, but apparently some protein is high. Therefore, I have an appointment scheduled for today for an ultrasound to make sure David is still doing ok and for a blood pressure check. On a side note... I'm sure my blood pressure will be sky high at the doctor... I tend to freak out a little when stuff like this happens, which won't help my case.

Aside from having normal blood pressure at home, I've had no swelling, no rapid weight gain, no headaches, vision changes, etc., so I'm very puzzled. Maybe it was a mess-up in the lab work... who knows... Regardless, I've tried to rest as much as I can with a busy 18 month old. :)

I've tried to stay off google for the most part, because I know if I look up too much about pre-eclampsia, I'll get myself even more worried. However, the only thing I haven't been able to find out is if you can be considered to have it while having normal blood pressure. I guess I'll just have to wait and find out this afternoon...

I've kept my blood pressure machine out on our kitchen table and typically take it 4ish times a day, most when Elizabeth are awake. She loves the thing! Every time it starts to air up, she does her cute "oh" face and gets this huge grin on her face. This morning, I walked into the kitchen, and she had pulled the machine off the table, put the cuff on her arm and was pushing the button to make machine turn on/off. I had to grab my camera - it was too cute not to get a picture of...



2 comments:

  1. What a smart cookie Elizabeth is! Hope all goes well at the doc - sounds like you are doing great though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how they mimic everything we do??

    Sometimes I have high blood pressure at the doctor's office too. I'm surprised your dr made you do all that for just 1 time being high, but I guess they are always playing it safe!

    ReplyDelete