Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

We sure had a busy, but productive weekend! I'm so glad Alan had Monday off - it let us relax since we didn't do much of that Saturday or Sunday!

Friday evening, Elizabeth and I were in our play room waiting on Daddy to get home! She would go from peeking out the window, to knocking on the front door (a new favorite pastime), to trying to reach and open the door, and then repeat the whole cycle... I think someone missed their Daddy!

Watching for Daddy's red truck

Knock, knock...

I almost got it!!

"helping" with laundry
Saturday, Elizabeth and I had a lot of time to play, since Daddy was all over Houston picking up our rocker and the furniture for David's room (you can see his room here). We had a friend come over and help Alan get the furniture in the house, and we were GREATLY appreciative of it! Saturday evening was spent getting the room in order and beginning the process of washing all of David's clothes!

Meanwhile... here is what Miss E was up to...

Playing it toys too small for her

Putting animals in their bag...

... and dumping them out...

... and then putting them in the ark!

Once we got his rocker in place, Elizabeth tried sooo hard to climb in... But it's just a little too high...

Let me up!

This is mine, right!?

Happy to be in the rocker

Saturday night, I didn't sleep very well at all, so I stayed home from church on Sunday. E has had a bit of a runny nose, so I kept her with me (she would've been fine in the nursery, though... I'm still a paranoid mom...). We had leftover pizza for lunch! And I finally got a semi-decent picture of her new favorite face:

When did she become a teenager!?
Most of the time she's glaring at you with her face tilted down, but for some reason she wouldn't do that on Sunday. She's not really mad, but she sure plays the part! As soon as you smile at her, she's back to her normal, smiley self!

And I have to include this picture, just because it's cute! She loves to play with her farmhouse, except now, instead of sitting or standing to play with it, she likes to lounge on her giant caterpillar. I promise, though, she does have a diaper on! She had just gotten her clothes all wet, so I stripped her to a diaper and hadn't had a chance to put new ones on her.

Playing with the radio

No comments:

Post a Comment