Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Interview

Well, today was the much anticipated interview with the preschool that I am really wanting to teach at. I was nervous, which wasn't surprising seeing how I haven't had to really interview for a position before. Right now the school is in the process of signing contracts for next year, so I'll find out in the next couple of weeks if there is a position open!! Prayers would be welcome that a 5 day a week pre-K class would be available!!!

In other news, we got a lot accomplished this weekend. We started with the dining room redecorations. We've painted the room, purchased the chair rail, and cut it down to size. Now all that is left is painting and installing the chair rail and touching up the paint on the walls that got messed up by testing out the size of the chair rail pieces.

In other news, I completely unpacked all the boxes in the guest bedroom and organized and put away all of our Christmas decorations and wrap into the closet! Only two rooms to go! The "pink room," (or my teaching room) as I've dubbed it is being worked on today and Thursday and the office will be worked on next week. You see, we have 6 boxes of books - most of which are all my "pleasure reading" books that have been read at least 2-4 times each- (not including the 4 boxes of preschool books, 2 boxes of my old textbooks, and the2 bins of Alan's textbooks) and only one small bookcase. When we lived in College Station, we had two huge built in bookcases plus our other smaller bookcase that matches our office furniture.

In order to remedy this problem, my mom has so generously offered to give us the beautiful bookcase that used to be in my room. Alan and I decided to make a spur of the moment trip to Texarkana this weekend in order to do several things... 1) Return the table and chairs to them that they gave us in order to trade tables and have one that is slightly more "formal" for our dining room, 2) Pick up the rest of the bedroom set that they are giving to us (we already have the dresser and one nightstand), which includes a four poster bed frame, another smaller dresser with mirror, and the other nightstand, 3) Pick up the bookcase, and 4) Visit with my parents, sister, and grandparents.

Our weekends for the next couple of weeks are going to be pretty busy, it seems. First our trip to Texarkana this weekend, next weekend a first birthday party for my favorite (and only) nephew, and then a trip to Abilene in the beginning of March to get a mattress and Alan's grandparents old Grandfather clock. Somewhere in there we need to find time to finish painting, work on some minor updates to the house, and finish unpacking and decorating.

Well, got to get back to cleaning out the pink room in order to get it done by Thursday. That and I desperately need to start the laundry that I should've done over the weekend but was too lazy to do... Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Jen

2 comments:

  1. Praying for good news about the job interview! Yay for fun busy weekends and new furniture! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for the interview!!! and i'm insanely jealous of all the fabulous progress on the house. you're probably ahead of me by now, and i've been here 7 months! :)

    ReplyDelete