Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Before and After... Kitchen and Living Room

Well, we still need to put (and purchase) the artwork up in the room, but this will give you a general idea of where everything is.  I am actually surprising Alan when he gets home from work. I was letting him do the trim and detail work because he is sooo much better at it (or so I thought) and he didn't finish yesterday. I decided to try my hand at it, and while not perfect, I think it looks very good! Hopefully he thinks the same thing. If you have any tips or hints on what to do for decorating, let me know! I'm not quite sure what all to do. Without further ado... the before and after pictures. Enjoy!

 

Breakfast nook before

Kitchen area during unpacking

Kitchen area while unpacking and doing dishes

Where the new buffet will go. 
This is the beauty that Alan built (and we haven't finished yet).

Had to show off the beautiful tulips that one of my students gave me. 
I planted them in a pot that another student gave me for Christmas.

Close up of the tulips and balloon.

Breakfast area

Red kitchen!!!

Love the color!!!
   
Had to include a pic of the dogs' spot. They're spoiled!


        
Living Room before

Fire Place before

Alan, hard at work!! (I was watching TV... can you tell?)

     We both dislike the detail work!

Fire Place and Mantel after... Now... mirror or picture?

I don't like the A&M blanket over the chair (doesn't match), but you get the idea.
I love how we arranged the furniture, and I think the player piano is in the perfect spot!

Had to include a picture of our sweet Gracie.

Looking at the living room from the entertainment niche. 

Living room from the foyer

Finished foyer.

We will be decorating and painting as our budget allows, so in a couple of weeks I'll have some more before and after of the dining room and our bedroom/bathroom.

Jen

1 comment: