Friday, February 5, 2010

Successful Day

Well, after my short stint with the stomach bug, I felt well enough to go to Cypress yesterday. I unpacked 30 boxes, organized the kitchen, did 6-7 loads of laundry (and folded them), did 4-5 loads of dishes (yes, we have a lot of dishes), unpacked my 3 boxes of children's books and organized them by theme, started putting our bathroom and closet together, and vacuumed and steamed 6 areas (dining room, kitchen, living room, master bedroom, master bathroom, and the master closet, which I count because it's HUGE!). I did this in about 10 hours, which was only because 1) I didn't have TV, 2) I didn't have internet, and 3) I didn't have any furniture to take a nap on. I wish I had taken before pictures of the kitchen, bathroom, closet, and teaching room, but I didn't. I'll take them first thing in the morning. I want to remember what the house looked like before we do anything major.

Today is going to be spent packing the rest of this house up and doing homework (and blogging about it, of course) until Alan gets home. When that happens, we're going to grab something to eat (I'm going to have the kitchen already packed up - I don't want to cook) and then start loading up our u-haul since we have to be at the house by 8am to wait on our fridge, which could come anytime AFTER 8... Great... gotta get up on my day off, drive an hour, and then wait for someone who most likely won't be there until after 12. Oh well. Such is life. I'm just happy that by this time tomorrow, I should have my own fridge!

Only 1 more week until we start painting! And I've got the colors all picked out. Can't wait to start!

I guess I should get back to homework... or packing... Only about 16 hours until we leave for the house!!

Jen

1 comment:

  1. good GRIEF! what it took you 10 hours to do would've taken me 10 months!!! majorly impressed. be sure to post pictures of the fridge tomorrow ... i get all excited about that kind of stuff. haha! :)

    ReplyDelete