Monday, February 15, 2010

Paint and more

Well, we've painted our kitchen completely. And as we speak the hubby is painting around the crown molding and baseboards of the living room and foyer. I'll post pictures as soon as we have everything back in place. The kitchen, as previously posted, is this gorgeous red color, called Red, Red Wine. The living room and foyer are painted Sunset Beige. The Sunset Beige has turned out a little more orange than we thought, but I still love it! It definitely looks great up against the red kitchen. And it'll look even better when I get my brown leather furniture and giraffe print area rug. =)

We purchased My parents so generously purchased our first piece of furniture for us. I ordered it last night and it should be here within six weeks! I'm so excited! Right now, the unfinished but beautiful buffet that Alan built is sitting in the new buffet and baker's rack spot. When our new furniture comes in, I get to put Alan's buffet into my teaching room! I already know exactly what is going in the shelves. I can't wait to put it to good use! For now, though, I hope we finish it soon. The buffet and baker's rack is pictured below. I couldn't figure out how to copy and paste the one that showed them together, so you'll have to use your imagination.




       

Eventually (as in we've got to get our house painted, TV stand built, living room furniture, and some other odds and ends purchased first), we're going to get the table and chairs that match to put in our breakfast nook. 

Here's the table...
maison by ethan allen round dining table 46"
And here are the two types of chairs...

maison by ethan allen wheatback side chair  - woven seatmaison by ethan allen ladderback side chair  - woven seat
Wheatback         Ladderback
Woven Seat


maison by ethan allen wheatback side chairmaison by ethan allen ladderback side chair
Wheatback         Ladderback
Fabric Seat

Which chair would y'all get? The wheatback or ladderback? It's called wheat back because the little rails on the back look like wheat stalks (you can't tell in the picture and when I try to make them bigger, it just gets blurry). Which seat would y'all get? The woven one, or a fabric one? Keep in mind, if I did get the woven one, I could always get those cushions to put on it. And if I get fabric, do I just get a neutral color, like off-white? I know I have several months, if not years, before I can get the table, but I like to plan ahead. 

Ok, that's enough for now. I'll post pictures tonight tomorrow when I have more time (and when the house is more organized).

Jen

2 comments:

  1. yayay for progress! can't wait to see the new furniture in there ... and i'm liking the ladderback chairs. as far as the seat, i can't decide?! maybe woven so kiddos spilling juice cups won't ruin them one day? glad it's all coming together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see pictures with the new paint job! Personally, I like the ladderback chairs better. As for the seats, if it was me, I would choose the fabric one. This is the reason why, usually it's pretty easy to change the fabric out if you have a drill and a staple gun, and I change my mind all the time. It's a quick, easy and pretty cheap update if you're design schizophrenic like me. :)

    ReplyDelete