Saturday, January 30, 2010

It's Ours!

Sorry for the lack of updating. I have been extremely busy lately with my mom and with the start of A&M. I've got to remind myself that this is my final semester! WHOOP! I can't wait to be done. It is very fulfilling to know that in just 4 short months, I will be graduating with my master's degree in early childhood education. I'm very glad that I went ahead and started grad school as soon as I finished undergrad because I know that I wouldn't want to go back at a later time.


As of Thursday, Alan and I are home owners! What should have taken about 30 minutes, though, took us over 2 1/2 hours. Got to love the government changing paperwork and being the guinea pigs with the new info. We sat with the previous owners for about half of the time. We learned a lot about the house (all good, thank goodness) and found out that she is an Aggie. How crazy is that? Apparently, a lot of Aggies live in our subdivision, with at least one of them being on our street. 


My mom has been a huge help this past week. She packed all of our china and crystal, so I didn't have to worry about messing it up. She is also helping clean tomorrow. Speaking of cleaning, I finally got the mop that I had been salivating over eying (does this word look funny, or is it just me?). We got the shark mop euro pro, which looks awesome. I'll be sure and let y'all know once I've actually used it, though.  I've also got some odds and ends for the house already, much to Alan's dismay. I just got so excited that I had to get a couple of things. 


I'll close with a picture of our new fridge, which is coming next Saturday. I've gotta get back to doing homework. Two assignments down, 1 to go.


(Our new LG, 25 cubic foot beauty!)




Jen

2 comments:

  1. LOVE that fridge!!!!! i had a stainless one all picked out but then chickened out and got black. 10 toddler fingers isn't a great match with a stainless fridge. :) yay for almost being finished with school!!!!

    can't wait to see y'all in the new house!

    ReplyDelete