Thursday, January 14, 2010

House

So a couple of people have asked about pictures of the house. I don't really have any that I have taken, so I've gotten some from the internet to show. It's a four bedroom, two bathroom house with a kitchen, breakfast nook, dining room, and living room. 


front of the house


breakfast nook


kitchen (looking into the living room)


living room


master bedroom


master bathroom

I've always wanted a red kitchen, and when I say red, I don't mean red accents or a red wall, but the entire kitchen red. However, since we're also going to have a sage green(ish) living room (darker than what is already on the wall), I do not know how that will actually work. Red kitchen + green living room = too much Christmas. I might have to resign myself to having a red wall or red accents. I just don't know what to do yet. The master bedroom and bathroom will also be painted. Our comforter (and bath towels) are gray with red accents (I like red, can ya tell?) and the rooms are a creamish/yellowish white. Not so good. So I'm debating between a red-toned neutral and a blue-toned neutral. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Well, we still have time for me to decide, but not too much time. We close January 29 and can start moving in Sunday the 31 (the current owners are leasing it from us until Saturday at midnight). We'll clean all day Sunday and start bring stuff in a little at a time on Monday (like when Alan goes to work) and then officially  be in February 6th, unless we can't get our fridge by then. We've already got our washer and dryer waiting to be delivered. We're waiting on the fridge to see how big the doors are first.

In the meantime, you can find me packing and cleaning up our rent house... Yuck!

Jen

2 comments:

  1. THAT IS GORGEOUS!!!! I can't wait to party it up there! lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey jen!!! just found your blog through facebook ... LOVE the house! we just bought our first house last summer ... oh my word what a learning experience! we painted for a solid month before we moved in ... it was MISERABLE! love your ideas - they sound gorgeous! can't wait to see them come to life. :) good luck with the big move!!! (and the painting .. ick.)

    ReplyDelete