Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year, New Home =)

We had a wonderful Christmas break in both of our home towns! We got to spend a lot of time with our families and enjoyed doing all of the "Christmas-y" things that we normally do. We spent about 4 days with Alan's family and then 7 days with mine. We had a blast, but are definitely glad to be back at our own home. Alan and I got this fancy new camera for Christmas, so I'm going to be teaching myself how to use it over the next couple of months. I also want to get Photoshop while I'm still in school because I can save about $1400. It's still pretty expensive, but at $1400 less, I'm thinking it'll be worth it.

Before Christmas, we put an offer in on a home that we really liked, but nothing came from it. We didn't know much about short sales at the time and thought that we'd be able to negotiate terms with the seller. Much to our surprise, it wasn't like that. The bank is actually doing the selling and just picks the highest bidder. That definitely wasn't us... Haha. Well, at least it was a learning experience. We went again yesterday and I'm pretty sure we've got a home! It's still pending on the home inspection and the sellers signing the final contract, but I think it's safe to say that we'll be homeowners by February! Good-bye Alan's commute... Hello Jennifer's. :)

More pictures to come later... after I figure out how to upload pics from our new camera.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Can't wait to hear about the house!! Hope it works out for you!!

    ReplyDelete