Thursday, January 21, 2010

Elliptical

In one of my previous posts, I mentioned that I am wanting to lose the weight that I have put on due to marriage and hormones. In order to do this, I have realized that I do have to work out, which I love loathe. I have tried Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred a couple of months ago, but my asthma just doesn't like it too much. I also have a Walk Away the Pounds DVD that I love, but it is over an hour. So, for now, I am using our elliptical machine that Alan and I bought over a year ago. I hate the elliptical machine, but I can watch TV at the same time, which makes me extremely happy. (I am a TV junkie... just ask Alan.) So for the past week, I've used it anywhere from 25-60 minutes a day, minus Monday. Combined with the cutback in calories, I can't wait to get on the scale on Saturday. I know that I won't see HUGE numbers, but I would be extremely happy with a 2 pound loss. Only 163 days until we go to Virgin Gorda, so if I lose 2 pounds a week, I will be at my goal weight with about 60 days to spare.

We've got home group tonight, which is a Bible study that we've gotten involved with through our church. They will be the people I miss most once we've moved. Alan and I have formed so many bonds with people of all ages and we are always looking forward to home group. It's so nice to be able to walk into a big church and know you will see people that are glad to see you. We have gone through a lot together in the past year and a half and I wish we could stay with these men and women for much longer. Hopefully we'll find something like this at our new church.

Today I put in an application to teach preschool at one of the local churches in Cypress. Everything about them seems to be a perfect fit with what I am already using in my classroom. Keep your fingers crossed that it will work out. Wouldn't that be an answer to prayers to only have to apply to one job? I'll keep everyone updated on how that goes, but I will be setting up an interview to take place in the next couple of weeks.

Jen

1 comment:

  1. yay for the exercise, friend!!! i DESPISE it too. ick. praying for the job app ... hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete