Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Furniture and more!

Well, I don't have photos of the furniture in the room, but I figured I'd left the few people that read this blog hanging for too long, so I searched for pictures online to show.

The first item of furniture that we bought was a new dresser! It is beautiful and made of solid wood and stained a rustic cherry color. Absolutely gorgeous!


And the piece of furniture that most people will be interested in is...






















wait for it......




























A CRIB! We're excited to share with you that we are expecting a little bundle of joy sometime around March 12, 2010.

To say that Alan and I were shocked would be an understatement. With thinking that I had PCOS we did not think that we would be pregnant anytime in the near future. God had other plans, though. I am currently 12 weeks along, if not a little further than that, and had my first appointment yesterday. We heard the heartbeat *thankfully there was only ONE in there!!* and my doctor said my chance of having a miscarriage have "significantly decreased." We will be scheduling our first trimester screening sometime in the next week and should actually find out the gender then, as well. The miracles of modern science, known as the "Jack or Jill?" test (more details to follow regarding the test). The ultrasound that they do will also help "firm up" our due date as my cycles have been crazy lately.

How have I been doing you ask? Well, from about week 6 to week 12 I definitely had morning sickness. It wasn't very bad until probably around week 10 when I began having a difficult time holding down food (sorry if TMI). However, week 12 has been the magic week for me because as soon as I hit it, the morning sickness has pretty much evaporated, thank the Lord! I lost 5 additional pounds, but I'm sure that now I'm on the road to gaining them back, because I'm ALWAYS hungry!

Jack or Jill?
Recently, various genetic research labs have found that the DNA of the baby floats in the mother's bloodstream. (How crazy is that?) This allows lab technicians to screen for certain conditions, as well as gender, as early as 11 weeks. It's apparently 99% accurate in regards to gender determination, so it looks like Alan and I will be lucky enough to find out what we're having in the next week or so! I just can't believe it!

Well, I think this about sums it all up. We would covet any and all prayers that you might want to say as we are embarking on this new journey. Once I can make myself look presentable enough for a photo, I'll download one and post it. :)




3 comments:

  1. OMG!! Congrats Jenny!!! :) Maybe that's why you didn't get the teaching job you were after, God had other plans!! I'm soo excited for you!! I'll be praying for y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS JEN!!!! I am so happy for you and Alan! I was hoping to see a post like this come up!! :) Y'all will make wonderful parents! We need a phone date soon! Yayy - this is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! I'm so unbelievably happy for you! You will make the best little momma! I'll definitely keep you and your little on in my prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete