Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It's a...

Well, I'm sure that the few people that read this blog have already seen the news on face.book, but if there is a chance that one of you hasn't, I figured I'd better clue you in on the GREAT news!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.





GIRL!!!

We are beyond thrilled, and Alan, my mom, and my sister all said... "I told you so!" They all 'knew' this baby was a girl, and while I was hoping for a girl, I honestly had NO clue! We had already decided on names for both a boy and girl, so now I've just got to figure out how to spell it. Once that is set in stone, I'll let the whole world know the name of our precious baby girl! 

Now on to the story about the genetics center... They said we'd know the results in 7-10 days, well since day 6 (impatient a little?) I've been calling a couple of times a day. Now, to show you how crazy this is, you dial the 1-800 number, then enter an ID number, press *,1, and then entire your "designated number," which they told me was MY cell phone number (they even wrote in the last 4 digits). Yesterday was day 10, and I was not in a good mood all day because I just wanted to know the results of the genetics tests, not to mention the sex of our baby. So when Alan arrived home, I had him call just to make sure that I wasn't messing anything up. Well, the same happens to him - it tells him the results aren't available yet. In a stroke of genius, he decided to call again, using HIS cell phone number instead. Lo and behold, it worked! So our message had probably been ready for days, they just told me the wrong number to use... Haha.

Well, you know the results of the "Jack or Jill?" gender determination (a girl!!!), but the other results were great, as well! We have less than a 1 in 10,000 chance of having a baby with Down's Syndrome, Trisomy 13, and Trisomy 18. Also, I am not a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis, which is another blessing! All in all, great results!

Now, you know the whole story on how we figured out that "it" is actually a "she!" Stay tuned for the announcement of the name!! Can't wait to let the whole world know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment