Monday, September 20, 2010

15 weeks, gardening, and baking!

Well, as of Saturday, I am 15 weeks! It's crazy to think that in 25 weeks we will have a baby in the house! About a month until we actually get the crib transported from my parents house to our house! And, pending the cost, about a month until we get to go pick out the fabrics for our bedding. If it's way to expensive, we'll be getting something from Pottery Barn... I think... I already have two sets picked out that I like. :)


Pregnancy Highlights

How far along? 15 weeks and 2 days

Baby's size? Baby L is the size of an avocado - 4 to 5 inches and 3 to 5 ounces


Weight Gain? Down 4, but up one from last week

Maternity clothes? Definitely in pants, I've worn some tops for fun, but it isn't necessary yet. Dresses and everything else still in normal clothes

Stretch marks? Nope 

Belly button in or out? In, and I doubt it pops, but I could be wrong.

Sleep? Sleeping is ok. I wake up a lot to either go to the bathroom or change positions. Even though I have a hard time going to sleep, when I wake up, I can go back to sleep almost instantaneously. 

Foods I am loving? Cereal, which is totally not me! Honeycrisp apples, pears, really any fruit, Mike and Ike (the tropical and berry are my favorites), Cherry Coke (but I don't drink those too often), the Halloween pumpkins that are pure sugar

Foods I am hating? Nothing really, but lately I haven't been liking reheated meat. It has a funny texture that I haven't noticed before, even when it is smothered in cheese, sauce, and noodles like lasagna. 

Best moment this week? Seeing and feeling Brayden move like crazy and seeing the Hubby's face light up as he too saw and felt the baby.

Movement? Not yet. 

Symptoms? The occasional bout of nausea, still really sleepy, going to the bathroom a TON more than normal 

Gender? Should know by TOMORROW!!!

What I miss? What I miss is nothing in comparison to being pregnant. :) 

What I'm looking forward to? Finding out if it's Baby E (girl name) or Baby D (boy  name), getting the nursery set up, and picking out the bedding. This is totally not pregnancy related, but I am also looking forward to going to my niece's birthday party this weekend!!

Weekly Wisdom: Never ever leave the house without snacks and water.

Milestone: Will be 4 months next week!!

Emotions: This week has been pretty tame, emotion wise. I have gotten really frustrated with the people that should be telling us it's a boy or girl. They said 7-10 business days, and we're at day 9 right now... They should just say 10 days, because this pregnant woman is getting ticked... haha


15 weeks 2 days!

Excuse the double chin... I got a sling in the mail and had to test it out on Gracie. 
She actually felt really snug! Now we just need to wash it and wait on 
Baby L to make his/her appearance!

Our Fall garden! Alan has expanded it since summer!

Cherry Tomato!

Bell Pepper plant

Zucchini plants

Row of Broccoli

Row of Romaine lettuce

Squash! It's already blooming!!!

Brussels sprout (we have 6 of these plants!)

Our pepper plant... Still doing good!


Alan is going to shoot me for posting this, but I know our friends in small group would just LOVE to see him baking a cake. It turned out soo yummy and all I had to do was the icing! :)

Stay tuned for the announcement of whether Baby L is a boy or girl!! We can't wait to find out!!!

2 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog from Miller Musing's. Super cute! I'm about a week ahead of you in my pregnancy. I'll be 17 weeks Friday. I'm jealous you've already felt the baby kick! I'm anxiously waiting to feel some movement :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy! I actually haven't felt the baby kick... That was left over from the site that I copied the format from... haha. Congrats to you, too!

    ReplyDelete