Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fun weekend!

This weekend we got to take Elizabeth to my all time favorite place... College Station! My brother, Dustin, is still in school at A&M and my parents were driving down to see him for the weekend. Alan and I drove up there Saturday morning and the guys went to the gun range while the girls went shopping. I got to eat at one of my all time favorite restaurants - DoubleDaves!! I'd been craving it lately, so I was very excited to get to eat the most delicious pizza ever. :)

We planned leaving for CS during Elizabeth's nap time, knowing that she probably wouldn't get much sleep that afternoon (she won't sleep if we're out and about - too much going on!). Well... that didn't go as planned. Alan and I were listening to a CD with someone speaking (as opposed to music), and Elizabeth just chatted the entire way. So, about 15 minutes before we got to Dustin's apartment, Alan turned the radio on. And wouldn't you know it... as soon as he switched, Elizabeth's eyelids began to droop and she was out in about 2 minutes. I guess she didn't think she could sleep with all the talking.

The three of us stayed the night so we could go to Central Baptist Church the next morning. Oh, how I've missed that church! I LOVE where we're at now, but there is just something about going back. I spent 6 years at that church, with 3 1/2 of those years working in various departments. It was like coming home! We got to see some friends and meet their (16 month old) son for the first time. I was so glad to catch up with them!

Of course, I don't have any pictures... I meant to bring my portable hard drive so I could get them off Dad's camera, but we know how that always goes. Oh well. I'll just have to get them in a couple of weeks! :)

So here are a few pictures I took during the week instead.

we love playing outside!

watching the puppies

all ready for bed

playtime with Daddy!

loving grabbing Daddy's face

where'd my pants go?

Stay tuned tomorrow for some adorable pictures... (unless I decide I can't make it that long...)

No comments:

Post a Comment