Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Beautiful weather!

Yesterday we had some beautiful, although quite chilly weather. Elizabeth and I went outside to enjoy the sun, but ended up not able to stay outside long. The wind was way too gusty, and it made it feel even colder outside. I took some pictures, though. And I need some tips... Most of the time I take my pictures in Av mode, but the coloring was WAY off on them. As soon as I changed my setting to auto, it was back to normal. I guess I need to read my manual...

in Av mode...
in auto...

LOVE!

Silly girl

Loving the wind in her face!

2 comments:

  1. It was probably so bright out that with the widest aperture chosen (lowest f stop), your shutter speed couldn't go any higher to compensate. Both aperture an shutter speed let light into your camera. If you're at the fastest shutter speed possible (less light), the best way to correct overexposure is to narrow down your aperture (less light). You do this by increasing the f stop.

    This is only a problem when you're trying to take photos on bright days with nothing to block the sun (like shade).

    Hope this helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're amazing Natalie! That makes complete sense! I've actually noticed it before, but yesterday was the "worst." I definitely had my f stop as low as it would go and didn't think to increase it. I normally try to take the pictures in the shade, but it was just too windy/chilly to do that. :)

    ReplyDelete