Monday, May 23, 2011

Summer time!

Well, it seems as if summer has officially made its way to Houston... The temperatures are soaring and I can definitely tell that our house is starting to retain the heat from outside. Gone are the days where the air conditioner wasn't running during the day, which meant that I could run it more often in the evening... i.e. keep it cooler while I'm sleeping. I am sooo thankful that I had Elizabeth before this hot weather decided to grace our presence. We would've had slightly higher much higher extremely high electricity bills if she was born during the summer.

We went to Sunday School again yesterday! It was the last time we go before Elizabeth goes to the nursery, since she'll be getting her shots next Tuesday. One of our friends was soo sweet and took Elizabeth when she got fussy so we could focus on the lesson. After Sunday School, we went to lunch with a couple people. It was great to actually get to know some of the people in our class. We know of most of them, but aside from those that came from our old small group, we don't really have close relationships with the others. I'm hoping that changes soon! I've decided that it is time for me to get involved! We're actually going to attend the men's and women's events (in fact, I'm going to a woman's night out tonight!!) and all the socials and such. I'm so excited to get to know other people in our class!

I didn't get pictures yesterday of Elizabeth in her adorable outfit, so I put it back on her today and we had a mini photo shoot. She wasn't having too much of it, but I sure had fun taking the pictures! I've been dying to put her in this outfit since the day we got it (my mom bought it for her on her due date).

Elizabeth has also found her hands in the past day or two. It is so cute to see her chewing on them, but I do know that I don't want her sucking her thumb. As soon as I see that, we'll be breaking that habit. Luckily, she loves her paci, so I don't think it'll be too much of a problem.

Without further ado, here are the pictures. The sun was pretty bright, so I didn't get any shots with Elizabeth's eyes really open. Note to self... Do photo shoots MUCH earlier in the day. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment