Thursday, May 12, 2011

It's raining, it's pouring...

Well, we are finally getting rain here! If I remember correctly, it's been almost 5 months since we've had a decent rain shower. It's probably been raining for around an hour or so... I hope it keeps it up! Our garden (and grass) desperately need the rain!

Elizabeth has had one busy weekend/beginning of the week! On Saturday, we took our first day trip as a family of three. One of Alan's good friends, B.J., his wife, Michelle, and their adorable daughter Brady were in College Station visiting family, who just so happens to be who we rented our first house from. So, of course, we couldn't miss seeing everyone! We went out to lunch and then back to Todd and Julie's house to hang out. Elizabeth did great the entire time! Somehow, I managed to only get one picture from the entire visit...

The boys and their girls. 

We celebrated my first Mother's Day by going to Sunday School with Elizabeth for the first time!! She looked precious and did a GREAT job! After church we stopped by one of my favorite burger places, Five Guys Burgers and Fries, and brought it to the house to eat. It was delicious! Especially since I didn't have to cook! We were a little behind on making plans for dinner, though, because by the time we got to PF Changs, the wait was an hour and a half to two hours. I wouldn't wait that long ever, especially with an unpredictable baby. :) Then we tried Saltgrass, which was a 45 minute wait, before deciding to go to Babies-r-us to pick up some more bottles and wipes. We ended up eating dinner at La Madeleine's, which was delicious!




She loves her activity mat!!!

On Monday, I had a doctor's appointment, which I took Elizabeth to. She was a doll the entire time and everyone loved getting to meet her! My doctor even wanted to hold her while we were chatting! Later that afternoon, I had another friend come over to visit and we went and grabbed a bite to eat at Five Guys again. We were on the go so much that I didn't even have time to get my camera out. :(

Tuesday was a low key day. We just hung out at the house and played.

The Many Faces of Elizabeth










Wednesday a friend and her two daughters came over for lunch. It was so nice to get to chat with another "adult" during the course of the day and her two girls are absolutely adorable!! I hope to have many more play dates in the future! We concluded our afternoon with a trip to Target and Starbucks. I must say that Elizabeth is becoming quite the traveler! She loves being in the car and running errands (most of the time), and I love that it lets me get out of the house for a couple hours.

 


I LOVE bath time!!

Just a wiggling in the tub

Today we're just chilling at the house again. Elizabeth has been pretty sleepy today, which has allowed me to get a lot done around the house. I've done 5 loads of laundry so far, but only folded 3 of them...

Tummy Time! 




I've got tons of other pictures of what we've done over the past couple of weeks, but I'll put those on my shutter.fly website. :)

1 comment: