Tuesday, April 26, 2011

One Month Old

How has it already been a month since Elizabeth was born? It feels like just yesterday that I was in the hospital getting ready to have her! We have had one crazy month, and one that I would like to never experience again! Here is what Elizabeth has been up to this month:
  • We started out the month (after our hospital stay) with nursing and supplementing with a bottle of my milk a couple of times a day. Last week, though, we decided that we were going to go strictly to bottles of my milk.You eat 3 oz every 2-4 hours and you definitely let us know when you're hungry! During the day, I pump right after I give you your bottle, but at night, with Dad's help, I pump while you are eating!
  • We don't have a strict schedule time wise, but a typical day has us getting up anywhere between 6 and 8. During the day, you'll drink your bottle, stay awake for about an hour to an hour and a half, then sleep until your next feeding. Around 5, you'll have a bottle and then stay awake until you've had your bath and bedtime bottle. At night, you are finally sleeping straight between feedings. Some nights you'll go four hours between feedings, but other nights it's every 2 1/2 hours (like last night).
  • You wear newborn size diapers, but are moving up to size 1 as soon as we finish the pack of newborns that we have.
  • You have been wearing newborn size clothes, but some are getting too small. So if it's a one-piece newborn, then you can't wear it. You can still wear your two-piece newborn outfits, but I'm going to slowly transition you to 0-3 month clothes.
  • I got my first real smile from you yesterday (4/25) while we were playing! It was the sweetest thing ever!!
  • You LOVE your boppy newborn lounger and we typically play in that while I am pumping.
  • You also have started liking your swing and bouncer. We've had a couple naps in the swing already.
  • You love looking at the window, whether the blinds are open or closed, and you love being outside.
  • Time in the carseat is getting a little easier. You've done great the past week when we've had to go out and about.
  • We took you out to eat for the first time on April 16 for your Uncle Dustin's birthday. You did great and were held almost the entire time. You've also been to Aunt Amber's house for Easter dinner. And, tonight you get to go to my favorite Mexican food restaurant for dinner with some friends from College Station!
Enjoy a couple of pictures from our one month photo shoot! Hopefully our good camera will be back for our next session!!



This hat is still WAY too big, but I always wanted to pair it with this bubble outfit.

The sock monkey my Aunt Michelle gave me. It's bigger than me!

I love my paci!

No comments:

Post a Comment