Monday, October 4, 2010

What's in a name?

If you know me in real life, or are friends with me on facebook, you most likely already know the name of our precious baby girl. This ultrasound is the second photo that we have of her, but the first one where she is looking like a baby. :)


She's curled up asleep... didn't want to move AT ALL!

Alan and I spent a lot of time talking about names. I have always wanted to use Biblical names for my babies, but I was having a hard time finding girl names that we both really liked. Then, I remembered that Elizabeth was John the Baptist's mother! I fell in love. So Elizabeth it is. Now on to her middle name. Anne, my sister's middle name. It is perfect! When I looked at their meanings, we both fell even more in love with the name we'd chosen.

Elizabeth means "consecrated to God." What a great meaning for our first born to lean on! And Anne means "full of grace," which is definitely something we want her to possess. So Elizabeth Anne is is!

We are thrilled to announce the name of our firstborn and can't wait to actually introduce her to this blog in about 5 1/2 months!

Stay tuned for my weekly update and some pictures of cute clothes I got over the weekend in San Marcos celebrating my Granny's 80th birthday!!


1 comment: