Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Nursery and SHOPPING!!

This past weekend was great! Alan and I got to go to Texarkana to see my parents and my sweet sister! I'm so glad she got to come down from OSU the same weekend we were down! Alan and I stay in the guest bedroom now and when we went there to put up our stuff, my parents and sister followed us. I thought it was a little odd, but I really didn't think much of it... until I turned on the light. The bed was covered with the most ADORABLE clothes (and a super cute and soft Taggie blanket) for Elizabeth!! I could bore you with pictures of all the clothes, so I'll just post a couple of my favorite.


Sweet smocked sleeper

Smocked Dress (Adorable!!!)

How cute is this!? (Can you tell my mom LOVES smocked outfits??)

Cute dress for next winter!

On Saturday, mom and I went shopping! We didn't buy much, except for some stocking stuffers for me and Alan (all cute clothes for Elizabeth... haha), but I do HAVE to tell you about my new favorite store in Texarkana. For this gals still living there, it is called Peas and Carrots* and is located in Summerhill Square. We didn't look at any of the boy things, but the girl clothes and accessories were just about some of the cutest I have EVER seen! If I was rich, I would've bought out the whole store. I also found what I want for Elizabeth's going home outfit, but we're just waiting on a new shipment so we can get the right size. I highly recommend stopping in this store if you are pregnant or have a young child!! I will be returning over Thanksgiving to stock up on some more clothes. (*They did not ask me to write this, I just really loved the shop!!!)

When we got back home Sunday evening, Alan decided to paint a fourth (and final) coat on the ceiling of Elizabeth's room. The color the previous owners has the ceilings is kind of a grayish color, that we aren't too fond of, so we're (and by "we're", I mean "Alan") is slowly going to paint the rest of the ceilings white. After that was complete, we moved the dresser into the room and called it a night.

Last night, Alan assembled the crib! I spent the day washing and drying all of the crib accessories in order to be ready to make the bed (I know we still have 5 months... I'm just a little excited!!) The assembly didn't take long, so in order to keep from boring you, I'll just show some pictures. :)

Painting the room last week

This is Alan's "are you really photographing this?" look

Almost done!

Putting in the last screw!!!

 Completed (and moved) bed!!

A closer look at the bedding

Closet full of clothes and some diapers!!

Close up of the clothes

I've organized the clothes by size! And each size has a different color coat hanger (OCD, I know...). My only question, which is a stupid question, is about varying clothing sizes. Some clothes have age ranges (i.e. 0-3 months) and some just have a particular month (3 months). I put the 3 months with the 0-3 months, and so on, but am I doing it right? Haha.

Ok... this post is getting really long so I'm going to cut it off now. I can't believe I've posted twice in two days! It must be a record.

1 comment:

  1. I did the exact same thing with Haylie's clothes when I was pregnant with her!! :) Although it was hard to keep up with once she was here and I was changing her clothes like 2-3 times a day (from the little spit ups and blow out diapers..lol!) But I would put the 3 month clothes between the 0-3 months and the 3-6 months...instead of mixed in with the 0-3. :) And we pretty much had our baby room together once we found out what she was!

    ReplyDelete