Thursday, May 17, 2012

A walkin' we will go...

Every now and then, Elizabeth and I will take a walk to the pond in our subdivision. It's a great walking trail and the pond is full of ducks. Every time we go, the ducks pretty much waddle right up to the stroller in hopes for food. My guess is that they've been "trained" that strollers = food. Of course, I always seem to forget to bring bread with us to feed them. Well, today I didn't forget! And E had a wonderful time, waving and laughing at the ducks fight over the bread. After showing her what to do several times, I decided to give her a piece to see if she'd throw it to the ducks... Nope, not my daughter... She tried to eat the stale bread... Oh well!

Here they come...


Hi ducks!




Lately, Elizabeth's favorite words have become "duck" and "quack." They kind of sound similar, but if she's saying "duck," she only says it once and if she's saying "quack," well, that's definitely at least two times in a row. Quite the talker we have! And today, we had just finished up breakfast when a duck quacked on the TV (I let her watch whatever show is on in the morning when she wakes up while I get breakfast ready and I just didn't turn it off before breakfast) she high-tailed it into the living room saying "duck!" Such a smartie! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment