Thursday, June 9, 2011

Trip to Abilene

I'm still waiting on my parents to send me the pictures that they took while we were in Texarkana, so we'll start with our most recent trip, a trip to visit Alan's family, first. :)

We headed down to Abilene Friday, June 3 as soon as Alan got off work. I had everything packed to go (I'd made a list and checked it twice to make sure I didn't forget anything), so all Alan had to do was pack the car while I fed Elizabeth. The car ride down to Abilene was a little rough at times, Elizabeth seemed to have a hard time staying asleep in her car seat, even though it was past her bedtime. I sat in the back with her to try and comfort her and keep her content. As a side note, I think I'm going to have to get over being car sick... I can't wait to sit up front again! Haha.

We got to Abilene around midnight and crashed shortly after. The next morning was spent relaxing and just hanging out. We went to visit Alan's Grandma at her nursing home Saturday afternoon and also went to Target. We needed to get some more onsies for Elizabeth to sleep in - she's outgrown her 3 month onsies already - she's one long and skinny girl!!

Talking with Paw Paw

Sleeping on Paw Paw

Sleeping on Daddy

I love to help hold my bottles!

Conked out in Grammie's arms

Four generations

We left Sunday after breakfast, and had good and bad parts of the trip, much like the way up there. When she was happy, she was happy, but she let us know when she'd had enough of the carseat. :) Hopefully our next trip will be better!

On the way home, we were playing with a rattle, and Elizabeth grabbed it and held onto it for a while. She even shook it some! My baby girl is getting soo big!!

Love her expression!

Stay tuned for a recap on our trip to Texarkana!!

No comments:

Post a Comment