Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Elizabeth's (First) Trip to Texarkana

Just a warning... This post is FULL of pictures! I had a hard time narrowing them down.

On May 27, Elizabeth took her first road trip ever! We went to Texarkana to celebrate my 25th birthday (man, that sounds so old to me... haha). Alan took the day off on Friday, so we left early and got to spend the afternoon with my grandparents, before my parents and sister got back from vacation.

This was the first time my grandparents had met Elizabeth. They'd seen pictures and talked to her on Skype once, but they were so excited to meet her!



My favorite picture of the three of them!!

On the 28th, Alan and I went out on our first date without Elizabeth. Since it was my birthday weekend, I got to choose what we did. We went to Olive Garden for dinner (my favorite!!) and Southern Tropics for dessert. As a side note, does anyone else know that they've expanded? Their "hut" is now huge! And Alan and I had to wait at least 20 minutes before we even got to order. It was totally worth it, though!


This is what Elizabeth did while we were gone...

Napped on Grandpa...

Took a bath and read a fun bath time book...

and used the cutest towel ever!!

The 29th was my birthday, and we celebrated after church. We went to On The Border for lunch and then came back to eat birthday cake, open presents, and take some pictures

yummy cake!


Granddaddy feeding Elizabeth

Michelle found a HUGE turtle!


us and our "babies"



Four Generations



I absolutely LOVE this picture!!

We hung out the rest of the afternoon at the house. It was a blast!


We headed out early Monday morning. Elizabeth did great on the way home. And I just adore this picture of her sleeping. It is too cute!!


Stay tuned... I should be able to get her newborn photos posted in the next few days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment