Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Still here!

I thought I was getting better about blogging... But then I decided to go and get sick. I had a fever off and on for a good 5 days. The first couple of days I was just so tired, but towards the end, I was feeling fine. I was so bummed out, though! We had plans with one of my college roommates and her husband on Friday and were also looking forward to our first trip to church with Elizabeth in the nursery. Needless to say we didn't get to do anything as planned. I didn't want to risk getting anyone sick, especially the pregnant women in our class.

Instead of a fun weekend, we cleaned the house and organized the deep freeze. I have a lot of frozen milk and want to make sure I use the oldest first. Everything was a mess, so I needed to find some method of keeping everything organized. I wish I had a before picture, but all I have is the after. Each day I use 2 bags of frozen milk and replace it with 3-4 bags. As of this post, I have 540 ounces, which is about 3 weeks worth.





Elizabeth is going great! Here is what's going on with her lately.

-We got a new tummy time mat and she now actually likes tummy time.




-She's getting so close to rolling from her back to tummy!
-We've started using cloth diapers some during the day and hope to be using them completely during the day soon.
-Elizabeth loves to read, and we've started reading at least one book before each nap. I also sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" before I put her down. Did you know there are five verses?




-She loves "The Wheels on the Bus" and we sing this daily, too.
-We've started to wean her from the swaddle starting yesterday during nap. I leave one arm out and so far it's going great!
-She's definitely found her hands and it won't be long before she finds her feet. She already uses them to kick things, but her hands are so close to grabbing her feet.




-She eats 4 ounces every 3 - 3 1/2 hours during the day, and then 5 ounces before we go to bed. She wakes up once during the night to eat, generally around 3:30 and then is up for the day around 7:30-8:00. She eats about 26 ounces a day.




She's such a happy baby!! And Alan and I are still so in love with her!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment