Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Picture Time

Well, before I get to the picture summary of our weekend, I just have to say... I PASSED MY ORAL EXAM! And I can now graduate with my Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education May 15, 2010. I was extremely nervous beforehand, and it didn't help that my sinus' started to act up the day before. What a weight off my shoulders!

Anyways, this weekend we got our tax refund money. We had the intention of saving it all, but Alan we quickly decided that it was, indeed, time for a new grill. This amazing monstrosity is called The Big Green Egg. Now, my dad has had one for a while, and I was always amazed at the delicious-ness of the meals that it produced, so naturally, I knew we would get one someday. I just didn't realize that "someday" would be Saturday. We moseyed over to The Woodlands to pick it up, and as luck would have it, we were able to take it home that day! Alan then set about building a table for the BGE (or Big Green Egg). We also got a new light fixture for the breakfast nook area, which was my splurge with our refund money. The following pictures are what we were up to with the building of the table for the BGE and my beautiful new light (and partially decorated buffet).

Alan, hard at work

Disassembled BGE

The table is taking shape!

Base is in...

Complete, now just need to cut a hole

I love a man with power tools ;)

It's finished!!



Big Green Egg

Right after breaking it in on yummy steaks and grilled zuchinni!

Beautiful Tiffany-inspired lamp

2/3 of the way decorated... The bottom shelf needs a holder for the cross, but they are engagement/wedding pics on the left and some sentimental cookbooks on the right with our champagne glasses and cake topper. The middle shelf has some Limoges plates with a beautiful plaque from my secret sister (at work). Now just need to figure out what to do with the top shelf. :) Any suggestions would be welcome!

Well, time to get back to paying attention to my class chat... It's the last one! Yay!!!





2 comments:

  1. Hey Jen! I just finally read your comment today! oops... Congrats on passing your orals! you'll have a masters! That's so freakin' awesome! I have to defend my thesis April 28, and my paper is due two weeks before. I was going to write it this weekend, but my grandfather in TXK passed away, so I was home all weekend and didn't get much writing done. Oh well. I really like your new house! The green egg looks awesome! ps- it makes really good pizza! Anyway, I'm planning a trip to see you this summer! More details to follow!
    -amyg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband is so talented!!!
    Your house is looking so beautiful!!! I want to make a trip to the outlets at some point and will want to come by and see it in person!
    I would suggest some greenery on the top shelf.

    ReplyDelete