Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Closer by the day

Well, not much has been going on lately. We're getting closer to posting a before and after picture of the dining room. We've painted the room, put the chair rail up, and painted the chair rail, now I just need to finish some touch ups and the dining room will be complete... That is, until we can afford to replace the flooring and baseboards. How I would love to do that right now, though. Once we painted, the baseboards started looking kinda yellow, and now that we have the super white chair rail up, it's even more yellow.

On to some more exciting news... I've finally turned in my petition for my course change only 2 months later than I should've... Now I've set up the date for my orals. March 30 at 2 pm. The day I long for, but am not looking forward to. Those that know me best know that I HATE talking in front of people, especially professors. Put in me in front of 25 kindergarteners and I'll do just fine, but it's something about "old people." Not that any of my committee members are old, it's just that they're people I look up to. Oh shoot... I just hate talking in front of anyone, forget that they're professors. Haha.

On another note, King mysteriously got out of our bathroom sometime today. You see, instead of keeping them in kennels while we're gone, our dogs go in our bathroom with a babygate in front of the door. They are both good jumpers, so it was only a matter of time before they discovered they can jump out. Gracie, bless her poor dumb heart just isn't smart enough to realize she can do it, too. Unless Alan just somehow managed to miss out on the fact that King wasn't in the bathroom. It's not like he gets distracted ever... We shall see what happens on Friday, though.

Speaking of Friday, we're off to Abilene this weekend. Yay for more traveling. We haven't seen Alan's parents since Christmas, so it will be nice to visit with them, even if it is a short weekend. And then it's the infamous SPRING BREAK! Oh how I need a break. I love, love, love teaching, but I'm ready to sleep in and do nothing all day for a while. My goals are to finish unpacking, finally, paint some more, and clean the whole house. Only 3 more weeks until my family is coming down for Easter and my brother's 21st birthday. Gotta be spotless.

Pizza's on it's way. Should be here shortly. I'm gonna go pop open a can of Dr. Pepper and wait. =) Have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment