Thursday, March 25, 2010

Before and After... Dining Room (and what's new!)

Long time, no blog. I've had a ton going on these past few weeks and no pictures to post, so hence my hiatus. Last week was spring break and I had a blast! I saw my best friend and her ADORABLE daughter, watched my favorite nephew, and went to the zoo with another one of my friends and her two kiddos (who I used to babysit for once a week or so). Not to mention, I got to sleep in some days and all the cleaning I did. I also painted the hallway where 3 of our bedrooms are on. White is not the best idea for painting, in my humble opinion. I felt like the hallway looked like a hospital. So, needless to say, we wasted $30 on a gallon of paint and then had to go buy another color. I love the new color, but we're still not finished. It's two shades lighter than our living room, so it ties in perfectly! This weekend we're going to finish and then put up some decorations, then it'll be picture time! :)

On another note, I think that Alan and I have found a church home! We have only attended once, but I felt right at home. It's about 30 miles from the house, but it only took us between 25-30 minutes to get there. I love that it is a straight shot on the highway! It took us about that long to go to our old church in College Station. Suffice to say, we will be going back! It doesn't help at all that I already know a couple of people that attend. My college roommate, her husband, and her daughter (the one that I got to visit with over spring break) attend and one of Alan's good friends attends, as well. I was just thinking... these two friends were our matron of honor and best man at the wedding. How crazy is that? Anyways... enough boring words... on to the pictures!

So on to the before and after pictures. The dining room still isn't 100% done. We have to do a few paint touch-ups, but I figured you can't really tell in the pictures. Let me know what you think!


Before... Looking in from foyer

Before... Same spot, different angle

After... Looking in from foyer

After... Looking in from kitchen

I was so excited on Monday when I got the call that our buffet was ready for delivery. I scheduled it to be delivered Thursday, and it got here this morning around 10. I must admit that I love it even more in person! Now it's time to accessorize the buffet! It looks great with our cabinets and I can't wait to be able to get the table and chairs to match!

Straight shot... I can't WAIT to change the light fixture. 
It's way too modern and 'heavy' looking for my tastes.

Looking from the side... So pretty!

In other news, I started the Couch to 5K training program on Tuesday. I did two walks/jogs of 3 miles on Tuesday. Wednesday it was pretty gross outside, so I just rested my sore legs, and today I've done one 4 mile walk/jog and will hopefully do another 4 miles or so once the hubs gets home. It's only been 2 days, but I actually find myself enjoying walking and jogging outside! I can't wait to see how my endurance changes (not to mention that I hope my weight changes) over the next 9 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Your house is looking so great! LOVE the new buffet! And good for you for doing the exercise program!!!
    Glad to hear about the church too!

    ReplyDelete