Tuesday, February 21, 2012

6 weeks in...

I normally don't post about myself, but I want to remember this time in my life, so here goes...

January 11, 2012 I began a journey to lose the weight that I have been wanting to lose for a long time. I was initially using Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I was actually beginning to enjoy the video when my knees began to hurt around the clock. So, about 2 weeks in, I started back to my old faithful - Leslie Sansone. I used her Five Mile Walk before I got married, and then again the summer I got pregnant with Miss E. That summer, I was able to lose 20 pounds!

I was doing great working out... until I decided to up my workout time. Let me tell you, at least for me, doubling my workout time made me put on weight. I gained 2 pounds the week and a half I was doing ten miles. As much as I love the Five Mile Walk, I was wanting something to vary my workouts up some. So I purchased Leslie's Five Really Big Miles. Let me tell you, I LOVE this video! I actually look forward to Elizabeth going down for naps so that I can plug it in and get working!

This week, I'm starting to incorporate Pilates back in with walking. I used to love doing them, so I figured MWF I'll do an accelerated version (and shorten my walk time), and TWSaS I'll do a basic version plus my 5 mile walk on TWSa. Hopefully this will help me tone up my midsection so that I am bathing suit ready come May.

So... on to the stats...

I started out this journey at 150 pounds (I lost all my baby weight pretty quick, but without regular exercise, I put it all back on... I actually got up to 155, but somehow managed to lose 5 pounds before I started exercising regularly).

Today, I am 136.5 pounds! My initial goal was to be down to 135 by Elizabeth's first birthday and then between 120-125 by my birthday. I still have 4 1/2 weeks until Miss E turns one... Looks like I'm going to blow past that first goal!

I really don't know how much of a difference one can tell when I'm dressed "normally", but I can feel a difference! I can fit into several pants that I haven't worn in 3 years, and my pants that I have been wearing, well, I can now take them off without unbuttoning them! So cheers for losing weight, keeping it off, and eating healthy!




*This post was not endorsed by Jillian Michaels or Leslie Sansone. They are just two trainers that I've come to love! If I didn't seem to have bad knees, I'd definitely incorporate Jillian into my workout rotation more...

2 comments: