Monday, January 24, 2011

Nursery!!

Well, with my parents, grandparents, Granny, and aunt coming down in 2 weeks, I figured it was time to get cracking on the nursery. Granted, all the baby stuff had been organized for weeks, but the room was still a wreck, full of boxes of stuff that I had brought from Texarkana to sort through. So this weekend was a cleaning weekend. (On a side note, we also got finished organizing and cleaning 3/4 of our office, but that definitely isn't as interesting as the nursery... haha) Alan put the glider together, I organized the closet and books, AND I went through the MANY boxes and decided what to keep out, what to put in storage, and what to give to Goodwill. I wish I had taken before pictures, because it was bad, but you'll just have to live with the afters. 


The room is still missing a few key items, but those will come with time. My sister is painting something to go above the changing table (she also painted the ABC's above Elizabeth's crib!), and we won't have that for a while, seeing as she is at OSU and we're in Texas... We're also waiting to save some money before we order Elizabeth's dresser! :)


Without further ado, I'm going to inundate you with pictures. Enjoy!


Looking in from the hallway! The glider is at an angle to allow 
entrance into the closet.

Changing table (with some clothes on it).

Where the dresser will go.

Doll bed from my old room. And all the dolls/animals were mine,
 too. I spent about 45 minutes cleaning the top two dolls faces, arms, 
and legs. Let me just say that I LOVE Mr. Clean magic erasers!!

Elizabeth's Easter dress! So cute!

Close up of the detail. Now I just need a cute bow!

One of my all time favorite outfits! One of the 
only things we found at the Mistletoe Fair.

Closet! A lot more clothes than the last time...
In the corner is the shelf Alan built, full of toys, 
towels, blankets, etc.

The  books that I've bought over the years have a new home!

Elizabeth's books in a cart my MIL had painted. Too cute!!

Hope you enjoyed the tour of Elizabeth's nursery! All we're waiting on now is a little girl to occupy it. :)

2 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute! Love the room! The cow outfit is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness! it's so precious, pretty girl. :) LOVE LOVE LOVE the doll house, her easter dress & the cow outfit. yay elizabeth!!!!

    ReplyDelete