Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Prayers Needed

Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of blogging this past week (although we know that this is kinda normal for me...). I was all set to do an update after I had our ultrasound last Thursday, but that ended up not going exactly as planned. We've spent the weekend digesting the information that was presented to us and are highly optimistic, but Alan and I would still covet your prayers for our precious Elizabeth Anne. At this time we are not sure what exactly is going on and the radiologist has now asked me to come in for monthly ultrasounds to measure Elizabeth's growth. They are concerned that her growth is slowing down and they don't know why. I am well aware that babies all develop at different rates, and that my dates could (or are highly likely) to be off due to longer cycles than most people. The doctors don't see any problems with her brain, heart, fluid surrounding her, growth, etc., but she is now measuring 14 days behind as opposed to the 10 days last month. The doctor said that it could A) be nothing or B) be a genetic issue such as Down's Syndrome or something else.

We're going with the first because everything looks good, aside from being a small baby. Elizabeth is doing things that "normal" babies do in the womb and while extremely tiny, she is still on the chart percentile-wise (but in like the 10%). My mom's side of the family has a history of small babies and the women on my mom's side are all very small boned (except for me - I take after my dad's side of the family). Alan and I are trusting God in all this and know that He will not give us anything that we can not handle.

Like I said, any and all prayers would be greatly appreciated and I'll definitely update as we get more information.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, sweetie, I can't imagine how scary this must all be for you and your husband. I've been worried about you since you didn't post immediately after your appointment last week. You, Alan, and Elizabeth will definitely be in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely be praying for you, Alan, and little Elizabeth!! I can't imagine how scared and worried you are, but I know that God is watching and taking care of you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with all of this. I will be praying for you and your little family! Keep your head up and don't stress, take it all to Him.

    ReplyDelete