Monday, April 27, 2015

What's in a Name...

We found out about two weeks ago that we are having...



A GIRL!!!

And, of course, I couldn't wait to start buying a few items for her. One of them being her Easter basket! My parents have given each of our kids their Easter basket for their first Easter, and baby girl #3 is no different! I just so happened to go online and look to see if by some chance they still had some, and lo and behold they did! 

And, if you can't tell from the Easter basket, we already have a name picked out! Rebekah Jo. My amazing Granddaddy's middle name was Joe, and we knew that we wanted to honor him with using a part of his name. In addition, my mom's middle name is also Jo, so we are able to use both my Granddaddy and my mom's middle name. And I absolutely LOVE the way it sounds! I think of her as Rebekah Jo already, so it will be interesting to discover if both names stick around or if we just start calling her Rebekah.

We chose the name Rebekah from the Bible. In an amazing act of faith, Rebekah left her people and went to Canaan to marry Issac. The meaning of Joe is "God will increase." It is our hope and prayer that sweet Rebekah Jo will have an amazing faith in our Lord and Savior, and that God will increase her in wisdom, knowledge, and understanding of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment