Saturday, September 14, 2013

Potty Training... Part Two

So I found out the hard way that I shouldn't have attempted to potty train Miss E right before she went to stay with my parents for a week... She completely reverted back to using a pull-up and wouldn't really even sit on the potty. Fortunately, however, potty training boot camp resumed once she arrived back home. We put her in panties and haven't looked back.

In fact, three days after she arrived home, I sent her in panties to church while I had my inservice for preschool. And she has done fabulous there! Only 2 accidents in the 3 weeks we've been going to church! And on the home front, we really are only having accidents when she needs to poop. If I catch her soon enough, it's all good, but if I don't... ;)

We are still wearing pull-ups for nap and night time, however, the nap time pull-up I see not hanging around for too long since 9 times out of 10 she wakes up dry! We are also still doing a sticker chart with her, and I will for another week or so. She can pick what "treat" she wants when she fills it up. This last time was a snow cone, which I can't wait to go get!

I am also thinking of letting her pick out a toy she'd really like to have and set it out on display in the bathroom until she poops in the potty. I've heard that that works, but we'll see. :)
My little helper that loves
to empty the dishwasher!

No comments:

Post a Comment