Friday, June 14, 2013

I've gotta do better...

Something about having two kids is really keeping me from blogging. Or maybe it is the fact that I'm constantly exhausted so instead of blogging (when I have a chance) I spend a little time taking a shower, or eating, or catching up on a missed TV show.

So... what all has happened since I last blogged?

  • My parents came down to visit for a long weekend
  • During said weekend, we think I got a mild case of food poisoning... yuck!
  • David has really perfected the army crawl and we can't leave him along for a second
  • David had several days of not taking a morning nap
  • David finally learned how to sit up (and is on his second GREAT nap of the day!!)
  • We got our storage system for our playroom and I've been working on organizing it
  • We've played in the water, both at home and at a friends pool
    • At the pool, Elizabeth voluntarily closed her eyes, held her breath, and stuck her face under water! I have no idea where it came from, but it was such a shocker, considering this is the girl that hated the pool the first 3 or 4 times this summer! She was also wanting to be very independent, swimming by herself or with the two kiddos we were with (going into 5th and 3rd grade)!
  • Elizabeth has started talking about minutes and hours (where she learned this, I have no idea)
  • We're having issues with our hot water heater, hopefully our home warranty will cover it, but I'm not holding my breath...
  • Alan's truck battery died, we had to attempt to jump it at 7:30 pm, then go back to pick it up (asleep kids and all) at 9:30 pm... The kids did great - didn't wake up in the pick-up, put in car seat, get out of car seat, put back in bed...
  • And to top it off, we found out one of our sweet pups has cancer...
All that to say, it's been a pretty crazy week and a half! I haven't been too great taking pictures with my big camera, surprise, surprise... But I have done a fairly good job with my iPhone. Since I'm on my computer, I'll post the few camera pics that I do have and then hopefully I can do a separate post with iPhone pics. There are more pictures of David than Elizabeth this go round... Mainly because I can't get her to hold still for a picture. 

Melt my heart...

Loves the grass!

Crawled all the way off the blanket right away!

David found the door stop...
... and could say there for hours...

... so much fun!


D found the mirror in our room that hasn't been hung...


Kisses!

Feeding her Boo


Big and lil playing

Trying to pick up Bubba


She finally decided Popsicles
weren't out to hurt her!

He hated the splash pad...

... so sweet big sis comforted him

... and all was better!


Splashing together


David had his first taste of spaghetti

He loved it!

... but didn't get messy like big sis did her
first time eating it...


No comments:

Post a Comment