Monday, January 9, 2012

What a weekend...

We had quite a weekend! Saturday right before Elizabeth's afternoon nap I gave her some Ibuprofen because she felt a little warm to me. I attributed it to her teeth breaking through (have I mentioned that she has at least one tooth, now!?), so didn't bother taking her temperature. Well, when she woke up, she was burning up! We took her temp and it was 101.8. That seemed pretty high to us since the Ibuprofen shouldn't have worn off yet. I called the pediatrician's office and spoke with a nurse and she said that it was probably fine, but to take E in to an urgent care facility sometime in the next 24 hours.

Trying to keep cool



Alan and I decided that rather than wait until the next day, we were going to go ahead and go. By the time she got seen, her temp was 103.4. Poor baby just didn't feel good! They gave us some Tylenol to give to her, but that didn't agree with her stomach (or my shirt - thank goodness I had brought a jacket)... And I'll just leave it at that. The nurse swabbed Miss E for Strep and the flu, but thankfully, neither of those tests were positive. We finally got some Tylenol in Elizabeth and her fever quickly started to dissipate, so we were able to head home.

Even though I don't feel
good, I'll still play with this!
Amazingly, Elizabeth has had no fever since Saturday night! She's still gotten some Ibuprofen due to her teeth seeming to bother her, but luckily not because of a fever! Miss E has been busy playing like normal and having fun doing everything! We did take it easy and stay in our PJ's yesterday, though. :)

Love that look of concentration

Daddy took out the batteries
so I have my OWN remote!

Why isn't it working!?

No comments:

Post a Comment