Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sippy cups are for big girls...





... So I guess that makes me a big girl!!!

Last week we dropped one of the bottles that Elizabeth, and transitioned to a sippy cup of milk for meals. So, she's now typically drinking 3 bottles a day! She is dong great with this so far, and has even slightly increased how much milk she drinks. Hopefully around the time Miss E is 10 months we'll be down to a morning and evening bottle!! It will be so nice when I don't have to wash bottles (and pump pieces) all the time. I'm hoping whenever we decide to have our second that I won't HAVE to use bottles- they can be an occasional use kind of thing.

Luckily, I've been able to keep up with how much Elizabeth has been drinking, so much so that I'm already starting to slow down on my pumping! I have 3 months worth of milk in the freezer, so starting Saturday, I'm only going to pump 3 times a day. Then, after she turns a year old, I'll gradually stop pumping. I can't believe I've made it this long! It looks like I'll meet my goal of a year, regardless of what happens between now and then!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is amazing to pump so much for so long! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you for sticking to your goal of 12 months and overcoming those challenges you faced. That is truly amazing. Way to go! So many would have just given up.

    ReplyDelete