Monday, January 2, 2012

Goals for 2012

Wow... It's so crazy to be typing 2012! I feel like we just started 2011 - this year just went by soo quickly! I hate to say that I have "resolutions," but I do have goals for the year 2012. I want to be able to look back and see how well I've done on them, so I'm posting them here. :)


  1. God - I need to carve out a time to spend uninterrupted time with the Lord each and every day. This has been difficult for me to do since Elizabeth arrived. I'm not a morning person, so it's hard for me to get up before E does and have a quiet time. But by the time evening rolls around, I'm exhausted, too. I need to find a time where I can be attentive and focused on the Lord so that I can deepen my relationship with Him and so that I can be able to teach Elizabeth (and all future children) what it means to love Jesus.
  2. Family - I want to make a more conscious effort to spend time with Alan and Elizabeth. Keep the TV off more and focus on our relationships. I love to read, which is something that I want to instill in Elizabeth as she grows up. My goal is to read every night with her before she goes to sleep. In this time, I'll read her Bible story, a couple other books, and take the time to pray with her before she goes to sleep.
  3. Fitness - One of my 2010 goals was to lose some weight. Well, I managed to lose 20 pounds before I got pregnant with Elizabeth! In 2011, I lost almost all of my baby weight, but I still have about 20-25 more pounds to go to get my "goal" weight. I'd like to get there by the beginning of the summer, so I need to start whipping my body into shape!
  4. Food - I have a penchant for sweets. I blame it on my Mom's mom and the Evans blood running through me. Instead of reaching for something sweet after my meals, I need to make sure I fill up on vegetables and fruits! I'll be much healthier and, in turn, probably help with my weight loss goals.
  5. Finances - I'd LOVE to have our car paid off sometime in 2012 or 2013 (which would have us paying our car off either 3 or 4 years early). In order to do this, we'll have to be very focused on saving money each month. We also need to be more diligent about saving money for Elizabeth's college fund and our rainy day fund.

No comments:

Post a Comment