Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Recent Purchases

Today I finally received an order from Amazon.com that I had been waiting to purchase for a long time. You see, Alan didn't want me to spend any money on the second item(s) that I bought, so I had to accumulate quite a few swagbucks to gain enough amazon gift cards. 

The first thing I bought was Elizabeth's first Bible. I'd read/heard good things about this particular Bible. I can't wait to read it to (and with) Elizabeth!

The second item(s) that I purchased were 3 cloth diapers! Since I most likely will be staying home with Elizabeth, I'd love to save money any way we can. I've done a ton of research and, including the price of washing/drying the diapers, we would save about $1500-$2000 over the course Elizabeth being in diapers.  Now, I haven't quite convinced Alan of the merit of cloth diapers, but hopefully when he sees how easy they are, he'll change his mind. :) I decided to go with the AIO, or all in one, because they can be worn up until Elizabeth has been potty trained. Keep in mind, however, that we will still be buying SOME regular diapers (pending on the fact that Alan actually goes for cloth diapering), but a majority of the time I'd like to keep her in cloth. Not to mention that they are pretty cute, in my humble opinion. :) So... here they are! I bought FuzziBunz (with snaps) this time, but I'd also like to get some Bum Genius 4.0 (also with snaps). Target actually carries them online, too, which is really nice!

mint, pink, and grape

Well, gotta go get dinner ready! Leftover ham, mashed potatoes with gravy, green beans, and rolls tonight! I LOVE not having to cook. :)

1 comment: